Monday, September 14, 2009

Easy peasy cobbler

In the last 3 days I've made 2 cobblers. It's a VERY easy recipe in fact I don't measure anything at all. Unfortunately I don't have pictures but I did want to post about it. I am going to make another one for a BBQ I'm going to this weekend so hopefully I'll have pictures to post then.

For this I've just been using the pre made pie crusts because I've not wanted to spend the time on a home made one.

I did use fresh peaches today in the past I've just used a bag of frozen ones, they work great but the fresh ones were sooo much better.

I used 4 peaches peeled and wedged. Then I added a pint of blueberries. One I made I used blackberries because generally I like blackberries better than blue but for the cobbler I like the blueberries better so I went back to them today for the one I made. Then I added in aprox 3/4 cup of brown sugar, the brown sugar over the white gives it a much richer flavor I think. And I added 2 tbls of butter.

Mix the fruit, sugar, and butter in a bowl just to make sure that your fruit is dusted with sugar. The peaches I used today were so juicy that the brown sugar started to dissolve right on the fruit. Place a pie crust in the bottom of your baking dish. I like a deep round dish but today I was baking at a friends so I used what they had which ended up being a 9" square pyrex dish and that worked great as well. Pile your fruit mix into the pie crust. Place another pie crust on top and add a couple of slices into the top of the pastery to allow it to breath. Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees and bake for aprox 45 min.

It will be extreamly juicy and extreamly good! Enjoy

No comments: